Re: Assessment test for not-for-profit sector - trustee positions

Discussion in 'LevelAB Support Forum' started by nmirza, Nov 5, 2009.

1. nmirza

nmirza BizFace Member

Hi,
    Any suggestions for psychometric tests that would be suitable for the not-for-profit sector, specifically for trustee (voluntary/unpaid governance) positions? Most charities are keen to attract younger members of the public ie under 25 and those from diverse communities.

Any suggestions/pointers would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Naheed

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Business Psychologist

Dear Naheed,

Good question, I am guessing you mean to help with selection.

Most tests do not have very granular norms - in other words you are not very likely to find a norm that is just for people working in the charity sector. Some might have norms for a younger age group - it depends what you are after.

Is there something they are after in particular that would not apply (as much) to other areas? For example do they want something that picks up more explicitly on ethical approach?

Conscientiousness (part of the big five) is about the only element of personality tests that seems predictive for a range of jobs.

Let us know if there is anything in particular you are interested in and I will check it out for you.

kind regards
    Stephanie

3. nmirza

nmirza BizFace Member

Dear Stephanie,
    Thanks so much for your response. It's good to have a sounding board! This was a very initial discussion, so once I've investigated further, I will come back to you if I need further guidance.
    Regards.
    Naheed